CHURCH OF ATLANTA LIGHTHOUSE INC. HISTORY
In 1972, the calling and awesome responsibility as Pastor of Church of Atlanta Lighthouse fell upon Bishop Michael David Spires. December 31, 1972 marked the beginning of God’s divine intervention, with a congregation that grew from 15 attendees to over 1,000 members. The church was originally located at 1401 Boulevard Drive, SE. and remained there until the miraculous move to its current location in 1981.
In 1992, Pastor Spires was installed into the office of Bishop. As Bishop, he was led to establish Lighthouse International Ministries, Inc. This world-wide outreach ministry included several ministers, with different ministries and churches that joined together with the Church of Atlanta Lighthouse to serve the world. Bishop Spires was mission-minded, believing that we are to go into all the world and preach the Gospel, spreading the Good News of the Lord. In 1993, the church sponsored a crusade to Africa where over 250,000 souls were led to the Lord. Bishop returned to Africa twice thereafter, and fed over 5,000 people with natural and spiritual food during each visit. He traveled to many other foreign nations on his Kingdom assignment for the Lord.
In 2002, Bishop installed First Lady Doris Spires as Pastor of Church of Atlanta Lighthouse. She served in excellence until 2008, when she was elevated to Senior Pastor. On August 3, 2008, Bishop Spires installed, Elder L. Timothy McKibbins as Pastor of Church of Atlanta Lighthouse. Pastor McKibbins is a mighty man of God, who has a burden for this ministry, and the surrounding community. He is leading this church into deeper depths and higher heights as he continues to expand upon the vision of Church of Atlanta Lighthouse. Pastor McKibbins was confirmed as Bishop-Elect Lloyd Timothy McKibbins on August 22, 2021, and is to be consecrated into the office of Bishop in August of 2022.
We are celebrating our Past and Present as we move into our Future Dimension!